- Lemon zest from one lemon
- Fresh lemon juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon plus 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon finely minced shallot (about one shallot)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 2 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
Prepare your lemon zest and lemon juice. Zest the entire lemon and use one half of juice of the lemon.
Combine the lemon zest, lemon juice, sugar, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl.
Whisk in the 1/4 cup olive oil, adding the oil in a slow steady stream.
Stir in minced shallot and minced mint. Set aside.
Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper on the salmon.
Flip, and cook for another 4 to 5 minutes or until desired degree of doneness.
Remove from heat and drizzle with the lemon-mint dressing.