The app allows you to save recipes as “favorites” to view at a later time. It also shows your most recently viewed recipes below.
Probably my favorite part of the app is the shopping list feature. You can add a recipe to your shopping list and then check off the ingredients you already have on hand.
When you e-mail it to yourself, it will split the ingredients into “you need” and “you already have”.
- The photos are stunning. I wanted to make and eat every single photo/recipe I saw!
- As mentioned above, the ads within the app are really unassuming and do not take away from the overall product. If fact, they make searching a bit easier
- I love the shopping list feature, especially how it can be broken down into need versus have for ingredients
- A link to the full recipe online is included within each recipe in case you want to read a review
- The magazine that the recipes are pulled from are listed on each recipe making it easier to find your favorite magazine’s desserts
- Within a search result, the recipes are labeled by sub-categories (entertaining, kid-friendly, 5 ingredients or less, etc.)
- The daily featured recipes work as a source of inspiration, and go back all the way to January 1.
- The nutritional information for each recipe is listed within the recipe
- The how-to videos are so helpful!
- Within the holiday category, I wish you could sort it by holiday. It’s kind of a random list of holiday-themed desserts (although you can obviously see which holiday they pertain to)
- Although you can take the extra step and go to the online recipe, it would be nice if the ratings were within the app. The ratings give great insight into recipes!
- The icon for the app is just the MyRecipes icon. If/when a more general MyRecipes app is made (not just desserts) that might cause some confusion
- Although the sub-categories are listed within a search result, you cannot search by them (for example, kid-friendly). It would be nice to be able to do that, or to have a drop down list of the sub-categories like there is for the main categories.
- 400 recipes is a solid catalog of recipes, I hope it grows over time
Does anyone already own this wonderful app? What are your thoughts?
Now that you know my opinion, it would be great if you had the chance to form your own!
- Write a comment below saying anything. Anything at all 🙂
- Like my facebook page and leave comment below telling me you did so (or let me know that you already do)
- Like MyRecipe.com’s facebook page and leave comment below telling me you did so (or let me know that you already do)
- Follow me on twitter and leave a comment below telling me you did so (or let me know that you already do)
- Follow MyRecipes.com on twitter and leave a comment below telling me you did so (or let me know that you already do)
- Tweet about this giveaway: “Enter to win the @My_Recipes Daily Indulgence App hosted by @icancookthat! https://tinyurl.com/7c9xesq #giveaway” and leave a comment below saying you did so.
This is open to U.S. residents only (sorry). Please be sure to include your e-mail address so that I can contact you if you win. The giveaway will run until Friday, November 25 at 11:59pm ET. A winner will be chosen at random using Random.org from all eligible entries. Each reader has up to six chances to win (be sure to leave a separate comment for each entry). The winners will be notified through e-mail by Monday, November 28. NOTE: This app is only available for the iPad, so you must own an iPad to win. Unfortunately it does not work on the iPhone (I tried).