Salmon and salad are a great healthy go-to on a weeknight. You can have your meal on the table in under 20 minutes! This salad is a nice alternative to your traditional salads. Made with four different herbs and spicy arugula, the salad adds a ton of flavor to the crispy salmon. The lemon dressing is fantastic as well! This recipe is from Cooking Light’s cookbook: The New Way to Cook Light.
Ingredients: (serves 6)
- 1 1/2 cups arugula leaves
- 1 1/2 cups fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cup small fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup small fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- cooking spray
- 6 (6 ounce) salmon fillets
- 6 lemon wedges
Combine the arugula, parsley, cilantro, basil and mint in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
Combine the olive oil, juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and garlic.
Stir with a whisk.
Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Coat the pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle the salmon with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place fillets, skin side down, in pan and cook for 5 minutes.
Turn fillets over and cook for another 2 minutes or until desired degree of doneness.
Add the arugula mixture to 6 plates. Top with a salmon fillet and drizzle with the lemon juice mixture. Serve with lemon wedges.
So easy right?
I loved the herb salad, it was such a nice complement to the salmon. I continue to be wowed with how tasty such simple recipes can be! And the whole recipe took less than 20 minutes!